Water Quality Analysis Training for the Construction Industry
Do your staff need training in water quality analysis?
Do they understand the legislative requirements in order to discharge water from site?
Do your staff know where to sample and what to test for?
This course has been developed in response to student’s feedback from our Green Card Training Courses.
Environmental Officers, Project Managers, Site Supervisors, field personnel, foreman, Surveillance officers, council environmental and local law officers.
- Understand what water quality and the parameters used to measure it
- Understand the importance of selecting sites for monitoring – taking into consideration OH&S principles and
- work site parameters
- Ability to survey water bodies to assess their present condition using appropriate sampling techniques
- Understanding of Legislative responsibilities in regards to water quality discharge from worksites
- Identify areas where water degradation or pollution exists and identify the cause or sources
- Water quality and aquatic ecosystems
- Water quality monitoring and site selection
- Instrument calibration, quality control
- Physical and Chemical testing including; flow, temperature, turbidity, electrical conductivity, pH and dissolved oxygen
- Legislative objectives for water quality in Victoria
- What quality water can I discharge from my work site?
Participants will gain experience in using a range of manual and electronic water quality measuring equipment for onsite measurements. Upon completion participants will receive a certificate of participation.
3 hour workshop - 1pm – 4pm
Holmesglen Institute, Waverley Campus – 595 Waverley Road, Glen Waverley. This course can also be offered in the workplace.
Cost of course
$250 + GST per participant
Dates of Course 2019
No dates have been scheduled for 2019 at this stage. Please contact the office if you are interested in booking into this course. 97029757