This 3 hour spill response training course provides participants with the skills and confidence required for personnel to prevent spills and effectively manage spill response.
Participants will achieve the following;
- Basic understanding of the legal obligations relating to spill prevention and management, risk and economic costs
- Knowledge to support planning of spill contingencies with a focus on prevention
- Ability to assess and review site spill risks and equipment selection and availability to mitigate such risks – recommendations, capacity, selection, review/inspection
- Safety equipment and personnel protection
- Incident reporting and notification
- Disposal and remediation obligation sand procedures ie. How, what, where- what to do with used materials, contaminated soil and water. (basic overview only)
- Spill simulation exercise including practical training in the use of spill response kits and products relevant for the site
Prior to delivery of this training we would require a site tour and discussion with your team members to familiarise our trainers with site activities, current spill response and emergency plans and the chemicals and controls currently utilised on site. It would also be useful if we could view the current site spill equipment and resources for type, size and suitability for response. This allows us to fully customise the presentation and make it relevant to your work site.
Upon completion participants will receive a certificate of participation and a personalised PVC training completion car for staff members to show on worksites as needed.